On 26 April 2017, in the run-up to the Glasgow City Council elections on 4 May, we organised a public transport hustings at Renfield St. Stephen’s to hear how different party’s candidates would tackle Glasgow’s public transport problems.
The event was chaired by Paul Sweeney (before his election as Labour MP for Glasgow North East in the General Election on 8 June 2017).
The Panel included:
- Matt Dobson, Trade Unionist and Socialist Coalition candidate for East Centre
- Kenny McLean, SNP candidate for Partick East/Kelvindale
- Alistair Watson, Labour candidate for Cardonald (who sadly died on 29 June 2017)
- Cathy Milligan, Castlemilk Against Austerity, independent candidate for Linn
- Martin Bartos, Scottish Green Party candidate for Partick East/Kelvindale
- Richard Stalley, Liberal Democrat candidate for Baillieston